FISHING LEAGUE WORLDWIDE
Evinrude introduces 135 H.O. E-TEC
STURTEVANT, Wis. - BRP announced today the introduction of the 135 H.O., the newest horsepower available in the Evinrude E-TEC outboard engine line-up. The engine is ready to order today from authorized Evinrude dealers throughout North America, and delivery begins in January 2013.
• More Low End Torque - A 2-stroke design allows the 135 H.O. to have up to 36 percent more torque than competitive 150 HP 4-strokes
• 2.6 Litres of Displacement - A V-6 cylinder engine with more displacement means more torque, more low-end power and more top-end speed
• Lightweight Design - At 418 lbs., the 135 H.O. offers the best power-to-weight ratio in the industry and allows for better fuel efficiency, less draft, better handling and less stress on the boat structure
• True High Output Alternator - With more than twice the total output of competitors, the 135 H.O. will deliver enough power to run all of today's outboard electronics with less chance of a dead battery
• Multi-Point Oiling System - Oil is injected at multiple points (crankcase and cylinder block), dramatically improving lubrication at slow speeds and increasing engine life
• Clean Technology - The 135 H.O. has maximum power allowed, but still maintains a 3-Star CARB clean emission rating from the EPA and can deliver as much as three times better fuel economy at idle speeds than competitive 4-stroke models
With a factory-backed, 3-year non-declining warranty and 3 years or 300 hours with no dealer-scheduled maintenance, the 135 H.O. is factory-tuned for high performance applications. It is available in four configurations - 20" white, 20" blue, 25" white and 25" white counter rotation.
"Whether it's freshwater fishing, pontoons, bay and flats or inshore and offshore saltwater applications, the 135 H.O. will fit most every type of boating activity in this HP segment," said Karl Sandstrom, Product Manager for BRP's Outboard Engine Division. "Specifically engineered to push the HP limits, the Evinrude E-TEC 135 H.O. is ideal for boaters who want maximum power and performance, and it easily excels against competitive 100-150 HP outboard engines."
For more information, click here.