FLW College Fishing is the country’s largest tournament circuit for collegiate anglers with more than 600 clubs nationwide competing for lucrative awards plus a chance to fish against the world’s top anglers in the Forrest Wood Cup.
Fishing in Tournaments
What do I need to do to fish a FREE FLW College Fishing tournament?
- Be a registered, full-time undergraduate student at a four-year college or university. See rules
- Be a member of your school’s fishing club. Click here for information on creating a club
- Be an FLW member. Membership includes tournament eligibility, a one-year subscription to FLW Bass Fishing magazine, discounts on FLW merchandise, eligibility to win great monthly giveaways from FLW sponsors and eligibility to play Fantasy Fishing for great cash prizes. Click here to purchase your membership.
- Enter your team at CollegeFishing.com or call 270.252.1000. Click here to register.
- Qualifiers - Each Conference has three one-day qualifying tournaments with a maximum of 50 teams in each event.
Top 15 teams advance to an Invitational
- FLW College Fishing Invitationals - The top 15 teams from each of the three qualifying events in a Conference (a total of 45 teams) advance to a two-day FLW College Fishing Invitational
Top 10 teams advance to the 2015 National Championship
Every team receives a travel allowance based on the distance traveled to the tournament.
- 2014 FLW College Fishing National ChampionshipThe top ten teams from each of the five 2013 FLW College Fishing Conference Championships (a total of 50 teams) compete in the three-day, televised FLW College Fishing National Championship
|1||Ranger Z117 + 2014 Forrest Wood Cup entry|
Ranger Z117 comes equipped with a 90 horsepower Evinrude or Mercury outboard. Winning team also advances to the 2014 Forrest Wood Cup. Team member fishing as a pro in the Forrest Wood Cup also receives use of a wrapped Ranger Boat and Chevy tow vehicle. All prize money earned in the Forrest Wood Cup goes directly to the individual who earns it.
Every team that supplies its own boat receives a travel allowance based on the distance traveled to the tournament.
- Forrest Wood Cup - The winning team in the FLW College Fishing National Championship qualifies for the Forrest Wood Cup. The team member designated as BOATER at the qualifying tournament competes in the Pro Division, and the team member designated as CO-ANGLER at the qualifying tournament competes in the Co-angler Division. Team members may not change their BOATER or CO-ANGLER status after qualifying for an Invitational.
Additional information coming soon